VB.NET Clipboard questions with Print Screens
Posted on 2006-05-25
I want to build an app that on any computer's PC, when they hit the print screen button, I want my VB.NET app to instantly capture that and send it to either a database table, email as an attachment, or as a jpg or something in a share on our network.
1) I know you can use the clipboard class in the Forms namespace but I'm wondering should I check for a bitmap after the user hits their print screen or another type?
2) I'm using SQL 2005, and I want to insert this data into a table however not sure what datatype to use. I believe SQL 2005 has a new datatype to handle images...
3) About the clipboard itself, what type of memory is it stored in? I assume it's not saved on the hard disk?
4) Should I use GetData or GetImage in the Clipboard Class?
5) How would I grab the event, and awaken my VB.NET code to grab the picture from the clipboard? If a user clicks the print screen button, is there any way possible to capture that event then fire off my VB.NET which I'll code to somehow shove the information into my SQL 2005 table?