I am looking for a solution where a user of a webpage can click on a button in a HTML page and can save the snapshot of the HTML page (or for that instance the screenshot of the browser) in his desktop.
Certain points to note:
1) The HTML pages are not local and are located in a server
2) The user cant be asked to install any ActiveX controls on his/her machine
3) The solution should work across browsers (not just IE)
4) The server doesnt support ColdFusion
5) The image should be a JPEG file.
I know of couple of solutionS which are ActiveX based and can work on the server side but most of them are just compatible with IE.
This is a bit urgent and hence I am assigning maximum points to this question.