Installing LaserJet 4240n On Server 2003 network
Posted on 2006-05-26
Have a LaserJet 4240N on order and need to be able to set it up real fast once it gets here, so was hoping to get a quick and dirty install process for it. Could not find that on the HP website.
Have a Windows Server 2003 network and one of the the servers acts as our print server. So to install the printer for use on the network is this all I need to do?:
1. Unpack printer and install toner cartdridge.
2. Plug it in and configure TCP/IP settings with correct IP address, subnet, default gateway (I will be using a static IP).
3. Connect it to network.
4. On Windows Server 2003 Print Server go to Printer and fax panel. Start Add new Printer wizard and select option for locally connected printer.
5. Create tcp/ip port that points to new printer ip address.
6. When prompted for drivers, insert the HP Driver CD ROM and let the wizard find and install the correct drivers.
7. That should be it?? Printer will automatically be published in Active Directory and client (all XP clients) will be able to connect and download correct drivers.
Am I missing something, or is it that easy? This is a first for me installing an HP printer for use on a server 2003 print server.