SOHO VoIP Service Provider?
Posted on 2006-05-27
I have a small home based business (SOHO) and am planning on installing Asterisk@Home with an FXO analog card in addition to the VoIP connection. I'm having a hard time figuring out which of the VoIP services I should use for the trunk(s). Could someone with personal experience please provide your recommendations?
1) Ability to fax using Asterisk (seems some providers are better than others)
2) Minimum of two outgoing long distance conversations simultaneously.
3) Free unlimited long distance in the USA.
4) Ability to add multiple DID's
5) Availability of Oregon phone numbers.
Any thoughts, suggestions and personal experiences would be appreciated. I have looked at many VoIP service providers and several actually state in their terms of service that you can't use their unlimited plans with a SOHO. However, others seems to push you to a "business" plan, but those sometimes seem like overkill, especially for the price. Other providers seem to offer plans for a per minute charge for businesses. I thought the whole idea behind VoIP was to drastically reduce the expense of a traditional Ma'Bell, but many of these plans actually would end up costing more in my situation?