The situation: I have a client with an IBM xSeries 206 server running Windows Server 2003 Standard and an Adaptec Embedded SATA HostRAID 7e Controller. during a reboot the SATA RAID controller got disabled in the BIOS. i don't know why?
Windows see now two drives with three partitions each rather than one RAID volume with three partitions....
DISK0: Part 1, 2, 3
DISK1: Part 4, 5, 6
Part 4 is "active"
can anyone suggest a method to recover from this situation?
i found the following solution in the forum:
1) Let it boot with the RAID disabled.
2) Back it up at the FILE level (using your backup program, i.e. Backup Exec/ArcServe)
3) Break and rebuild your RAID.
4) Re-install windows on the new RAID drive.
5) Restore into this new windows installation.
is it possible to set partition 1 as "active", make an full IMAGE (eg. ghost) from disk 0 (part 1,2,3) to an external USB disk
create a new RAID, restore from IMAGE...
could it be that the RAID definition is "stored" on the controller or on any disk, so that only the SATA raid controller must be enabled in the BIOS and then the raid could be rebuild without any problem?
thanks for a fast response!!!