I just bought a new laptop with an XP Home config.
The machine comes with a pre load of HP Games. In IE the following URL opens up by default http://hpen.oberon-media.com/
I changed the setting several times to open up a blank browser but it doesnt accept it. It goes back to opening up the HP browser each time. What can I do to correct it.
The process is listed below for your reference.
1. I open IE from my desktop
2. It automatically has a redirect code that is http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_IN&c=Q106&bd=presario&pf=laptop
3. The site it opens up is http://hpen.oberon-media.com/
4. Now I go to Tools ---> Internet Options ---> General --> Home Page and select the USE BLANK option so that the above site does not open up by default.
5. I save the settings.
6. I open IE again. The browser redirects one more time and opens the http://hpen.oberon-media.com/
site again inspite of changing the settings.
7. The URL in the Address area under Tools ---> Internet Options ---> General --> Home Page is http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_IN&c=Q106&bd=presario&pf=laptop
8. I tried changing the default site to Yahoo or Google or any other...but it does not work. Seems like IE has been encoded with the redirect code on the laptop
Thanks in advance