E-mail from 1 Domain Not Delivered to 1 Recipient (of 2)
Posted on 2006-05-31
One of our clients sends an e-mail every day or so to two of our users. Beginning last Friday (5/29), one of the two users (User A) has not been receiving the e-mail though the other one (User B) still receives it without a problem. User A had been receiving these e-mails without problems for months (years?) until 5/29 and continues to receive all other e-mail without problems.
We have three servers: a domain controller/file server, an Exchange server, and an Exchange front-end server for Outlook Web Access. All are using Windows 2000 Server SP4, and the Exchange servers are using Exchange 2000 SP3. We have Symantec Mail Security running on the Exchange server, but have no filtering other than deleting any messages found to contain viruses. Workstations are all Windows XP SP2 with Outlook 2003.
Some other relevant (or not) facts:
- I'm not aware of anyone else having any e-mail problems at this time.
- No system changes, reboots, etc. were done on 5/29. In fact, I was on vacation (& I'm a one person IT department).
- User A has checked her junk mail folder - it's not there.
- I've looked at the message header info on the messages that User B received. I don't see anything different from those that User A received prior to 5/29, and the e-mail address for User B is correct.
- Both User A & B are listed on the "To" line of the e-mail and there is one "CC" to another user at the client's company. (I'm having User A see if they can send to her without any other recipients or CC's.)
- I've looked in Exchange Message Tracking Center, and I can see that the messages prior to 5/29 were delivered to both mailboxes, but there is no evidence of delivery (or not) to User A beginning 5/29.
- There is nothing out of the ordinary in Event Logs.