Our network is 192.168.11.x, now we want to separate into two subnets by checkpoint firewall.
192.168.11.100 - 200 (Clients PC) ---> Checkpoint <---- 192.168.22.1 DC1 (w/ DNS)
(NAT) <---- 192.168.22.2 MAIL
192.168.11.1 <-> 192.168.22.1
192.168.11.2 <-> 192.168.22.2
192.168.11.3 <-> 192.168.22.3
1. Ping 192.168.11.1 from client PC (OK)
2. Ping 192.168.11.100 from server side (OK)
3. Get mail from MAIL server through OUTLOOK (OK)
In case, the scenario is working... but just missed AD DNS service..
- Ping server name e.g. DC1 from client PC ==> Result: 192.168.22.1 Time out
- We tried to manually add 192.168.11.1 into DNS server, but it will be disappeared after DNS updated. It only remains 192.168.22.1 record in there.
So how to solve it to keep both IP addresses DNS record in DNS server side ? One more, we would not like to stop "dns security update" to affect normally domain DNS update.
Any idea ? Thanks !