I recently replaced a Windows 2000 server with a SBS 2003 server. I did a complete swap only transferring data. The new server is a dual processor, dual hd with raid, 2GB memory. The server has dual NICs with one connected to
Charter cable and the other connected to the LAN.
The server worked perfect until I installed Symantec AntiVirus 10.0 SMB. Within days I began having the server tell the clients that there was not enough storage space on their shared drives. There was over 200GB left on each shared drive. This would happen at the same time every single day. I found the solution on EE and fixed that problem. It was a Symantec issue. Everything rolled along smoothly for several weeks until 3 days ago. Nothing should have changed unless there was an automatic update from Symantec or Microsoft via the internet.
Now, I am suddenly having all internal users lose connection to the server several times a day. All they get is that they have lost the connection and are now working offline. When this occurs, the clients cannot ping the server and the server cannot ping the clients. The server cannot even ping our DVR recorder that has a static ip. The server will still function normally at the console, connect to the internet, and can even be controlled remotely from the internet with no problem. The only symptom is the internal users cannot access the server. The only solution is to reboot the server. I have changed the NICs just to make sure that they were not the problem. Since this problem began, I am getting the following error messages in my Server Performance Report. Not sure if they are related. I have researched each error and tried the fixes located here on EE and I still keep losing my clients connection. This is not good, since the warehouse cannot ship orders if the office cannot process them! :) I am getting much heat from this!
Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 1000 6/2/2006 1:16 PM 2 *
#50070: Unable to connect to the database STS_Config on TSDSERVER\SharePoint. Check the database connection information and make sure that the database server is running.
MSExchangeAL 8026 6/2/2006 7:02 AM 6 *
LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory tsdserver.TristateDistribu
for distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp
MSExchangeAL 8250 6/2/2006 7:02 AM 3 *
The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x862] The specified component could not be found in the configuration information. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that the operating system was installed properly. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp
MSExchangeDSAccess 2102 6/2/2006 7:02 AM 1
Process MAD.EXE (PID=2728). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: tsdserver.TristateDistribu
For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp