Sudden Loss of Slave Drive
Posted on 2006-06-04
This could be a coincidence or an MBR gone but..........
Yesterday (6-5) my AV software flagged a zip file with having WORM_VB.AS and quarantined it, but the setup.exe within was reported as not being quarantined.
Today I scanned the system and was flagged for another zip file with WORM_GAOBOT.DF. It, too, was quarantined but not the setup.exe file. Both quarantined files were in the same folder on the slave drive.
I also scanned the sys with Ewido and Ad-Aware and deleted all found files.
When I restarted the sys I no longer had a D drive - it reports under CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM>DRIVES as being there but not initialized and clean as a whistle. It is not seen in File Explorer, of course.
I just finished a DSLREPORTS.com PORT SCAN and all reports as filtered and/or closed. That's everything I've done since discovery until now.
I don't want to make another move until someone comes up with a smart suggestion. BTW, drive is recognized in BIOS.