I have two web sites: Default Web Site, and mySite. (mySite is WebDAV shared and points to a directory on another local drive.)
I performed the following steps:
1. Add or Remove Programs -> Install FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions.
2. In IIS Manager, under Web Service Extensions, I set FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions to “Allow”.
3. In IIS Manager, under Web Sites, under mySite, I selected All Tasks>>Configure Server Extensions 2002.
Here’s my problem......a “Please wait” page came up and ran forever. The configuration did not complete, so I eventually had to close the window. Now, I’m in a weird state and cannot install/configure this. After this completed, I noticed that I now have a Microsoft SharePoint Administration web site. That site seems to Configure Server Extensions 2002 just fine. Same for my Default Web Site. So, if I now go to All Tasks on my Default Web site (or the SharePoint Administration web site), I see three menu options for Server Extensions 2002 (Check, Recalculate, and Remove), which tells me that it installed correctly for these two sites. However, if I go to All Tasks for mySite, I only see “Save Configuration to a File” – there are no Server Extensions 2002 choices.
My question has two parts:
(A.) How do I get back to the state where I can again select “Configure Server Extensions 2002” on mySite? (I already tried uninstalling FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions and reinstalling it, but the option to configure didn’t come back.)
(B.) Assuming I can get back to reinstalling and reconfiguring Server Extensions 2002 on mySite and it fails again, how can I get it to install correctly?
* Windows Server 2003 SP1
* Logged in as Administrator on Server
* Yes, I can write files to the mySite directory as Admin.