HTTP 401.2 error, with some inconsistances
Posted on 2006-06-06
when tried to view our staging site, I got the following error message:
You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration
Internet Information Services
However, there are several exceptions:
1. Not all PCs has this access problems.
2. Both internal PCs, within comany firewall, and external PSc can have this problem.
3. Both PCs with a static IP address and PCs with a dynamic one can experience the problem.
4. Tried three different browsers, IE, Firefox, and Opera. They all behave similarly.
5. Some pages are under secured directory, and every PC can access secured pages.
6. Searched this site before posting this question, and no solutions found.
7. No major changes on web server recently.