Windows 2003 Server and Event ID 2019
Posted on 2006-06-08
Server just started locking up around every 2 days starting May 3. It was freshly rebuilt last March of this year. I am now monitoring and watching the server and can see the memory usage climbing. I am aware that this error is caused by a memory leak and can be related to a Print Spooler/driver issue, Norton and McAfee and Arcserve. Nothing has changed on this server since the rebuild.
Componants and Configurations
- Stand-alone server running Windows 2003 Server w/ SP1
- Dell server with Pentium 4, 2.8 GHZ
- Server has 2 GB RAM
- not running is a Active Directory enviroment
- SQL Server 2000, SP4
- The only application: a medical application called Stolas (uses SQL database)
- Panda Antivirus - Server, BusinesSecure edition, latest updates
- Arcserve 11.1 -performing nightly backups. Tape drive is internal to the server
Event ID 2019
Error Description: The server was unable to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty.
I'm finding that I need to run performance monitor and/or start and stop services to see if the memory leak stops.
Does anyone have any experience with troubleshooting this issue? If I need to run Performance monitor, how should I set it up?