Can not remove Symantec Antivirus
Posted on 2006-06-09
1. I can UPDATE most of the client machines by "Push Install" remotely
2. They are from different versions: Version 9.0, vesion 10.0.1, 10.0.2
3. I update to Symantec Corp version 10.1.0.394
4. I can not update one of the client machine remotely; i physically come to the machine and "over-installed" by mappinto the parent server; after Restarting , it did not pick it up; it is still in the older version; i tried to remove the old version from Add/REm program, but it did not let me do it; Ok. i used the NONAV; i saw that the NONAV deleting a lot of files; i restarted again; tried to delete the older version of SAV, but still do not let me do it; i went to Registry and deleted anything related to Symantec Antivirus; restarted again, but the older version of SAV still there; it can not be deleted. I logon in the SAFE mode, and tried to delete, but failed.
5. Somebody has a solution for this ?