I have problems trying to configure Outlook for Wan & Lan at the same time.
I have these things running ok
- W2003 Server
- Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 (using third party pop3 connector "Popcon") while we are implementing the mail server at all.
- RPC over HTTPS configured OK with own certificate (I can connect to OWA from outside my office via https://84.59.13.xxx/exchange
OK (I have 443 and 80 ports opened to 192.168.0.1).
- RCP over HTTP proxy service windows component installed (following this tutorial http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Outlook_2003_Connect_Exchange_2003.html
- Router is resolving my DCHP dynamic ips, not my server.
- No domain name links to my server.
If I am at the office I can connect to my server, configuring outlook to server.mydomain without problems. But If I am out of the office I try to configure Outlook like 84.59.13.xxx. but it fails at the first step when Outlook is checking AD User Name. Then I can't go to the next step
I think maybe I need to create some hosts at my DNS? It must be valid if I try to connect to 84.59.13.xxx ip from my office and outside? I am not sure how or what is wrong. I have followed several questions here and external links but I can't find what is wrong for me.
Thank you very much for your suggestions!