I have a need to have a link to another site, however I do not want that site to know I am refering traffic to them. My site is based on native .asp pages, I have looked and the only way I have seen to really do this is based on an article I found here on EE; (https://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/Java/Q_21793985.html
). But it was not detailed enough, it appears to be in Java but it does not give a complete example.
Ideally here is what I want to happen is;
* Create a clickable Link from from my server using an asp page with 1 dynamic vairable
* Open the link in a new window when clicked
* Mask or remove the HTTP_REFERER (Webiste1 (origin) Website2 (desitnation) I do not want Website2 know that the user came from Website1)
* reusable for several different links on the same page (ie the dymanic variable will change several times in a for/next type loop on the .asp page)
* Not using .NET, only traditional .asp
Here is the way I do it now but it does not spoof the referer (the "#" is to hide the URL from the user, not a requirement, just a bonus);
<a href="#" onClick="window.open('http://www.somesite.com/testing/topic.asp?SID=
What I need is a real world example of the whole working solution. I am not opposed to using Java or cgi, just need something that 'integrates' well with .asp.