Groupwise database corruption?

Posted on 2006-06-12
Last Modified: 2013-11-12
Sister company installed new server, renamed and re-IP'd.  Caused issues with one seconday post office.  got that fixed and back up and running.  However, when we tried to add user about a week later, could not add, delete or modify users.  Always got Pending Operations and nothing would go through.  Over weekend, did a rebuild of Groupwise system according to procedures on how to rebuild groupwise from top.

About 18 hours later, secondary MTA's start bouncing intermittently.  Servers get Groupwise Language Resource DLL encountered a problem and had to close.  Some mail goes thru to some of the secondaries.

Am running a GWCHECK standalone on 1 secondary now.  It appears from my inet research that should solve issues.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  
Question by:rtgarr
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
LVL 34

Expert Comment

ID: 16887607
Hope they didn't rename and re-IP all in one step.

I would suspect that ConsoleOne is still pointing at the OLD server name for the location of the WPDOMAIN.DB database.
LVL 35

Expert Comment

ID: 16890508
How 'bout some versions and platform info -  What GroupWise version/SP? On NetWare or Windows or Linux? What version/SP of OS? How is the GW system designed, i.e. how does their GW connect to your GW - same domain, different domain, link configuration, etc.  If NetWare, same tree/different tree, partition&replica scheme, etc.

Author Comment

ID: 16897519
Sorry, was in a rush, trying to find solution.  It was Groupwise 6.5, running domain on Netware 5.1 SP7, and post offices and secondary domains on Windows 2003.  I ended up calling Novell and recovering and rebuilding the system from the top down.  When it was converted to Windows, there were some configuration errors made and then the new server name/IP pretty much finished it off.

So we're all good here.  I was just hoping I didn't have to rebuild everything, but I did.  On some the dictionaries were corrupted, so I couldn't even rebuild, had to fudge around with those, replacing .dc files and such.

Accepted Solution

DarthMod earned 0 total points
ID: 17586513
PAQed with points refunded (500)

Community Support Moderator

Featured Post

Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Novell released its latest version of GroupWise a few weeks ago.  The version is 2012 and it only runs on Linux (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10/11 is the first choice and I'm not sure about other Linux distributions, such as Red Hat, Debian, etc.) …
Regular maintenance of GroupWise Mailbox keeps it running flawlessly. Sometimes, it is also seen that mailbox maintenance is needed for resolving various issues of mailbox and other Novell GroupWise database. By using the ‘Repair Mailbox’ feature, a…
This tutorial gives a high-level tour of the interface of Marketo (a marketing automation tool to help businesses track and engage prospective customers and drive them to purchase). You will see the main areas including Marketing Activities, Design …
This is a high-level webinar that covers the history of enterprise open source database use. It addresses both the advantages companies see in using open source database technologies, as well as the fears and reservations they might have. In this…

728 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question