Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1991
  • Last Modified:

STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands

Outlook 2003 been working fine, but started getting this error 2 days ago. Can access the account via the web and messages are stored on the server, I just can't receive them through outlook.

ISP says my 'IP stack is corrupt caused by something unknown'. I tried the IP reset fix on ms at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357 
and it made no difference.  Not able to find a PAQ that solves this on EE. I am a bit over my head here and would appreciate any ideas.

This is the error message:

"Task 'mail.micro-mania.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800421:0) : 'Your POP3 server is providing inconsistent information.  The number of messages returned by the STAT command does not match the number of items returned by the UIDL or LIST commands.  Contact your POP3 or Internet service provider."
0
Bob Lamberson
Asked:
Bob Lamberson
1 Solution
 
upul007Commented:
Hi,

Ran the error code that you mentined and got the following.

C:\>ERR 0x800421
# as an HRESULT: Severity: SUCCESS (0), Facility: 0x80, Code 0x421
# for hex 0x421 / decimal 1057 :
  DM_DATABASE_CORRUPT_OR_MISSING                                clusvmsg.h
  SQL_1057_severity_15                                          sql_err
# The IDENTITY function cannot be used with a SELECT INTO
# statement containing a UNION operator.
  ERROR_INVALID_SERVICE_ACCOUNT                                 winerror.h
# The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the
# password is invalid for the account name specified.
# 3 matches found for "0x800421"

Since you use Outlook 2003 for pop, you could try creating anew profile in outlook and downloading all emails again to see if the issue is rectified. If there are loads and loads of emails, set outlook to download only headers. That way it will download faster. Later on you can export the data from the other profile in to another pst and keep separately for reference purposes rather than downloading all the previous emails.
0
 
Bob LambersonSoftware EngineerAuthor Commented:
Thanks for your feedback - was not able to find an answer to solve the problem, but I played around with accessing with the OWA and some telnet commands to read and delete a few of the emails stacked up.
Tonight I started outlook and it received all the emails that were stacked up on the server, just like it should.
Must have be ISP related problem, but guess I'll never know.

Thanks for the effort.
0

Featured Post

NEW Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Backup and recover physical and cloud-based servers and workstations, as well as endpoint devices that belong to remote users. Avoid downtime and data loss quickly and easily for Windows-based physical or public cloud-based workloads!

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now