URGENT: Error SMTP sending to our domain.com (can't find domain at DNS)
Posted on 2006-06-14
Sorry for this urgent tag, but I think we have a big problem with all exchange users at certain domain (our website domain). A lot of emails are waiting at the Queues list because it shows me this message "can't connect with the target server at DNS". I have this fail since I added some changes at our DNS zones, but I need these changes too. I explain it:
We have W2003 server + Exchange 2003 sp2 at SERVER.mydomain. We are using a third party pop3 connector while we are migrating at all. As I need to share resources from LAN and WAN, I had to add a new FORWARD DNS zone like this:
- mail (A) Host to 192.168.0.1 (this is the resource the shared one, that we use for Oulook RPC access and SSL certificate mail.mycompanydomain.com)
- ftp (A) Host to 217.1xxxxx
- www (A) Host to 217.1xxxxx
- control (A) Host to 217.1xxxx
- smtp (A) Host to 217.1xxxxx (I need this for the non exchange users that uses our hosting email system smtp.mycompanydomain.com)
Then, I am supposing that due SMTP host (a) entry, my Exchange users can't sent to @mycompanydomain.com (our internal people) because Exchange SMTP virtual server can't find target server at DNS.
Then I need a method for let users (Exchange and non Exchange users) to send emails. Of course I can delete again this SMTP (A) Host entry and then I can configure my non Exchange users to 217.xx smtp server, but I preffer not to modify about 20 computers.
What do you think? How can I force the DNS entry for refreshing this changes to all users connected to this server?
Thank you very much for your help