---- What i basically has is a problem with the Name Space in DFS Using Windows 2003 R2 ----- (NW)
Posted on 2006-06-14
I set up a replication group betwen the users folder on 2 servers \\SERVER01\users and \\SERVER02\users this works absolutely fine in realtime. I have set up a namespace being \\domain.local\dfs\users which obviously mapps in AD and on the namespace servers the locations of the 2 shares for this namespace and which one is the master.
The issue that we have is that when you copy a file to a name space share it does not appear till you press F5 or close the folder and go back to it. Please see below for tests i conducted and history:
- Opened the \\SERVER01\users and \\SERVER02\users shares in 2 seperate windows and dragged a file into \\SERVER01\users which instantly replicated to the other share without having to press F5
- With these 2 windows still open I opened another window \\domain.local\dfs\users if i drag a file into this share it instantly appears in the \\SERVER01\users and \\SERVER02\users windows but i have to press F5 in the namspace share window to make it appear which proves that the copy works well but the name space has problems returning the file list for that folder untill you refresh.
- This is release candidate server 2 which is meant to have a different DFS setup.
- I have un-installed the name space and reinstalled with different names. ( i like to break fix break fix for education)
- This did work initially then it kind of stopped working slowly untill now all the time we have this issue
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the service
I think this is an issue with DFS and active directory, AD has DFS system keys in which control information about the name space share which i think is now messy as i have uninstalled and re-installed the name spaces. This is obviously not a network / replication group isssue I think AD has beome messy and the DFS part of it needs to be cleaned / restored.
Can anyone help