We have been using the process explained http://www.projectserverexperts.com/Shared%20Documents/ArchiveCompletedProjects.htm
to removed completed projects from the view of project managers. This gives us a temporary fix to the problem of what to do with projects once they are completed, but does not answer larger questions. We are nearing the end of fiscal year and we need a more complete solution. Below are our goals:
1. To remove completed projects from the view project managers in an effort to limit the amount of project they have to scroll through.
2. To archive these completed projects in such a way that they can be recalled later for peer or executive review.
3. To ensure that the SharePoint site including all issue, risks, and status reports for the completed project are also archived and retrievable.
4. To provide executive views, for example, resource allocation, for all projects (including completed projects) for the current fiscal year.
5. To provide views for project managers that show, for example, resource allocation, for only open projects in the current fiscal year.
Thank you in advance for your responses.