Hi expert people,
We are new users of SBS 2003 (love it!) SBS 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2.
Once we got everything running using our existing POP accounts we decided to move over to SMTP direct to Exchange. A problem has cropped up;
We have two domains, lets call them domain1 and domain2. Domain1 is the primary domain that we setup at the installation of SBS.
We got our ISP to add two new MX records so that we now have mail.domain1.com and mail.domain2.com pointing at the IP of our external interface and there are backup MX records going to a server at our ISP.
I then went into Recipient Policies and added @domain2.com to the list and checked the box. Then "update now" in the Recipient Update Service. A quick check of users showed that the new email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org had been added
All mail delivery to domain1 is fine, good as gold. Absolutely nada for anything sent to domain2 though.
I'm sure I am missing some vital step here.