I could use terminal services fine before and I don't know of anything new to the network.
Here is what I have seen and what I have done
I couldn’t log on to my system via Terminal Services. On the Term Server I had the following error
1. application Log (Multiple) \\s-apps (this is my terminal server)
Event ID 213
Source License Service
Description : Replication of license information failed because the License Logging Service on server \\S-DC could not be contacted.
I turned this service on and rebooted and I still couldn’t use the Terminal service but I lost the error.
On my domain controller I had the following error
2. System Log (Multiple) \\s-dc (this is my dc\licensing server)
Event ID 21
Description : The Terminal Server Licensing server S-DC has no permanent licenses for product 'Windows Server 2003 - Terminal Server Per Device CAL Token'. Use Terminal Server Licensing administrative tool to register more licenses. The Terminal Server '192.168.20.9' was refused licenses of type 'Windows Server 2003 - Terminal Server Per Device CAL Token' due to this condition.
I added more (terminal) licenses and I stopped receiving this error
3 Application Log (M) \\s-dc
a. Event ID 1202
b. Source SceCi
Description Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x534 : No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
Advanced help for this problem is available on http://support.microsoft.com
. Query for "troubleshooting 1202 events".
Error 0x534 occurs when a user account in one or more Group Policy objects (GPOs) could not be resolved to a SID. This error is possibly caused by a mistyped or deleted user account referenced in either the User Rights or Restricted Groups branch of a GPO. To resolve this event, contact an administrator in the domain to perform the following actions:
1. Identify accounts that could not be resolved to a SID:
From the command prompt, type: FIND /I "Cannot find" c:\windows\Security\Logs\w
The string following "Cannot find" in the FIND output identifies the problem account names.
Example: Cannot find JohnDough.
In this case, the SID for username "JohnDough" could not be determined. This most likely occurs because the account was deleted, renamed, or is spelled differently (e.g. "JohnDoe").
2. Use RSoP to identify the specific User Rights, Restricted Groups, and Source GPOs that contain the problem accounts:
a. Start -> Run -> RSoP.msc
b. Review the results for Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment and Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Restricted Groups for any errors flagged with a red X.
c. For any User Right or Restricted Group marked with a red X, the corresponding GPO that contains the problem policy setting is listed under the column entitled "Source GPO". Note the specific User Rights, Restricted Groups and containing Source GPOs that are generating errors.
3. Remove unresolved accounts from Group Policy
a. Start -> Run -> MMC.EXE
b. From the File menu select "Add/Remove Snap-in..."
c. From the "Add/Remove Snap-in" dialog box select "Add..."
d. In the "Add Standalone Snap-in" dialog box select "Group Policy" and click "Add"
e. In the "Select Group Policy Object" dialog box click the "Browse" button.
f. On the "Browse for a Group Policy Object" dialog box choose the "All" tab
g. For each source GPO identified in step 2, correct the specific User Rights or Restricted Groups that were flagged with a red X in step 2. These User Rights or Restricted Groups can be corrected by removing or correcting any references to the problem accounts that were identified in step 1.
Received this error and found a Red X next to
Allow log on through terminal services
So I looked at the rights to this and I saw a domain admin with out the Domain name\domain admin so I removed it and although when I run the following command as illustrated above
“FIND /I "Cannot find" c:\windows\Security\Logs\w
I receive the output
earlier but when I removed it form the GPO I stopped receiving the out put for not mapping to a SID I (however) and I don’t have the Red X next to
"Allow log on through terminal services" anymore either
I have used the gpupdate /force and then given it hours to kick in. I have rebooted both machines. I don’t get any errors at all when I try to log on to the system from a remote machine. I just don’t get anything.
My event logs are clean now so I don[‘t know what can be the problem.
Deny logon through terminal services is not defined
Neither is “restricted groups”
I don't know what else to do