Present we are using Oracle stored procedures and Callable statements to invoke those procedures to deal with data in our applicaiton JDBC part. Now we are planning to re-develop that part using Hibernate. I have some doubts
1. Can we write complex queries using HQL and how fast those are?
2. Can we avoid connection pooling provided by hibernate? Instead of that can we use weblogic container managed pooling mechanism? Which one is faster.
3. If we call stored procedures how hibernate will handle? is it faster. Im asking about performance.
4. In JDBC we will get ResultSet. In which form we will get results if we use hibernate?
5. Is Hibernate is more reliable if we are having more secured and complicated transactions?
6. If i want to pass one hibernate session into other how i can do?
7. Is there any other technology which is simple and more reilable than hibernate in my senario?
we will deal with wast product data information in our applicaiton.
Good suggestions please. and please dont give references like hibernate.org etc.. i have gone through all those. I need answers form experts who worked extensively on hibernate.