I have installed MS CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 on separate VMWare VMs, Several questions here which I hope someone could help:
1) MS CRM 3.0 Server - How do I change the mail server name and address? I looked everywhere and couldn't find an option to configure mail server name and address. At the time of installation, I specified the mail server name and address as a NON-EXCHANGE server. Now, after careful research I realized MS CRM will only works with MS Exchange for full integration. Help please?
2) MS CRM Laptop client for OutLook - How do I change the CRM server http address? I don't see an option to reconfigure it. At the time of installation, I entered http://crmserver:5555
as the server address. When I take the laptop on the road and try to connect, it will give the error "cannot locate or connect to CRM server", which makes sense because now I am outside of the local intranet. This mean I would need to enter an actual internet address of the server. However, I could not locate an option anywhere in Outlook or IE to make this change. Can this be done without reinstalling the laptop client?
3) Business Entity - We have been using Goldmine for the last 16 years and is used to the idea of having multiple databases. We utilize databases for situation such as vendor/personal/ prospects that are not yet customer, etc. With MS CRM, can I switch between databases? From what I have been reading, it doesn't seem possible. MS CRM seems to allow multiple servers to load balance the same database, but doesn't give an option for the user to open multiple databases.
I am seeing Microsoft doing something different here with Business Entity. I am somewhat still unclear how that works. If the entities are totally separated, then how come when I logged in as a user under different entity, yet still see the entire user list for other entities.
Can each entity be totally independent of each other? Meaning activitivies to the accounts and contacts at one entity are totally separated from other business entities?
4) Can I signon to CRM using logins from different Active Directory? Example, CRM is setup under AD1. Let say I want to add another user from AD2 to this CRM system, can I do that? I wonder if CRM will only connect to one active directory at a time.
5) Are there any good source on documentation and/or manuals for MS CRM?
6) Are there any good online or offline interactive training courses for CRM? I would prefer online interactive since that allow me to go at my own pace.
Thanks a million!