We have Windows Small Business Server 2003. Exchange works fine from within the office. Outside the office we can receive via POP3 but cannot send, reply or forward, we get the error code 0x80040201 in "Outlook Send/Receive progress" window.
- Inside the office I did configure an Outlook profile to use POP3/SMTP and cleared all other profiles and we received de same error.
- In the "Internet E-Mail Settings" on "Outgoing server" checked the check box for "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" ---> "use the same settings as my incoming mail server"
- We didn't import databases or old messages, it's a clean installation.
- If I use the "Test Account Settings" button all seems to be ok.
- Other domains can send email to us no problem.
- Inside the office (through exchange not POP/SMTP) we have no problem.
- Outside the office we can receive via POP but not send.
- SMTP port: 25
Any suggestions??? Thanks a lot!!!