Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1362
  • Last Modified:

Unable to send in OE6 'error 0x800c013E'

My PC has  XP Home Edition w/Outlook Express  6. I am using Time Warner Roadrunner with a  Belkin Wireless G plus router. Suddenly, I have been having problems sending e-mails. I receive fine. When I try to send an e-mail, OE gives me a message which reads ‘unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port 0, Secure (SSL): No, Error # 0x800c013E’. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
0
patchar
Asked:
patchar
  • 4
  • 3
1 Solution
 
hiteshgupta1Commented:
0
 
war1Commented:
Greetings, patchar !

Looking at your error message, you have the SMTP port set to 0. It should be port 25 or whatever port your email service specifies.  Go to Tools > Accounts. Highlight your account and select Properties button. Go to Advanced tab and change the Outgoing port number to 25. Click OK.

Best wishes!
0
 
patcharAuthor Commented:
The Outgoing port number is already set to 25.
0
Concerto Cloud for Software Providers & ISVs

Can Concerto Cloud Services help you focus on evolving your application offerings, while delivering the best cloud experience to your customers? From DevOps to revenue models and customer support, the answer is yes!

Learn how Concerto can help you.

 
patcharAuthor Commented:
I tried renaming the Sent Items.dbx file from the OE e-mail files and reopening OE6, as the link suggests. Still cannot send.
0
 
war1Commented:
The error message say:

unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port 0, Secure (SSL): No, Error # 0x800c013E

If there is no typo, OE is not recognizing the port 25.  Do you have a proxy blocking the port?

Is outgoing server authentication required?  Is the setting selected under the Server tab?
0
 
patcharAuthor Commented:
war1,
There was no typo and I have no proxy blocking the port and the outgoing server doesn't require authentication. I tried everything except one. Your earlier link had me changing the 'Sent Items.dbx' filename and reopening OE6. That didn't work, but I decided to go one better, I right clicked the 'Sent' box within the OE program itself and deleted the 'Sent' box. After reopening the program again, I can now send email. Though your link didn't actually solve my problem, it got me thinking in that direction. So the points go to you. Thanks
0
 
patcharAuthor Commented:
Sorry war1, but I noticed it was hiteshgupta1 that had the link mentioned above, so I guess the points will go to him.
0
 
war1Commented:
patchar, no problem.  Glad the problem is solved.  A corrupted Sent folder.
0

Featured Post

New feature and membership benefit!

New feature! Upgrade and increase expert visibility of your issues with Priority Questions.

  • 4
  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now