How-Do I: change my Outlook .pst file from .PST format to Unicode format?
Posted on 2006-06-20
I was told that the MAX. file size an Outlook .PST can be is about (1.9xGB) in .PST file format.
I was told that if the .pst file was in Unicode format, then there is NO FILE size limit (or it was something like 5 GB).
Can you please answer the following questions:
1. What do I have to do to 'convert' an existing .pst file (1.6 or so GB) from .pst format to unicode format?
2. Would the 'new' unicode format file still be called a .pst? Would it still have the .pst file extension?
3. What is the trade-off when going from .pst to unicode?
4. If your unicode file can be 5 GB, and your .pst files can be 2GB ... why doesn't everyone switch to unicode for more room?
5. What is the step-by-step process I go through to start using unicode format for my .pst files instead of the MS .pst file format?