I am having a serious problems since last 20 days on my network i have windows 2000 adv server domain controller with DNS and exchange 2000 on the same, some users can log on to domain without any problem some users cannot log onto domain the message is something like this "Windows cannot find domain or cannot log onto domain" everytime i have to remove the computer from domain and rejoin it again its really painfull and time consuming and as soon as the user shutoff the system again the same problem occurs can anyone advise me. Ur urgent action in this regard is highly appreciated
NOte : I have tried this solution given by microsoft but all in vain
In Microsoft Windows XP and later versions, machine account password settings can also be configured by using Group Policy Editor (Gpedit.msc). To configure these settings, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type Gpedit.msc, and then press ENTER.
2. Expand Local Computer Policy, expand Windows Settings, expand Security Settings, expand Local Policies, expand Security Settings, expand Local Policies, and then expand Security Options.
3. Configure the following settings:
• Domain Member: Disable machine account password changes (DisablePasswordChange)
• Domain Member: Maximum machine account password age (MaximumPasswordAge)
• Domain Controller: Refuse machine account password changes (RefusePasswordChange)
I had problem with my PDC Emulator and i restored the image from Acronis since then this problems starts and i am having tough time these days pls can someone help me out