Posted on 2006-06-25
I tried the following things to repair the situation, but none of them worked, which is why now I need some extra assistance. These are the things I did ...
1) Disabled all firewall, pop-up, spyware and anti-virus programs.
3) Disabled IE's windows pop-up function.
4) Repaired XP files using sfc / scannow
5) Re-installed IE using IE "ie.inf" file.
6) Removed IE from Add/Remove and re-installed
7) Used safemode and attempted to re-register IE files (regserver)
8) Downloaded and re-installed current java from Sun Microsystem.
After trying all this, my last resort was to attempt to repair IE, which didn't work. I then thought that I might just need to do a quiet installation of Internet explorer and I got the following dialog message "Detected a newer version, will not install".
I have never experienced this kind of difficulty with internet explorer before. My client operates XP SP2 with the latest Internet Explorer (6.0.2900). The only thing I haven't done is re-install windows as my client does not want that to occur.
Any ideas would be most helpful.
Thanks In Advance,