Ok this is lengthy but required I believe to get the appropriate help.
1. Windows server 2003 installed as the PDC on network
2. The consultant that setup domain did "NOT" setup a BDC
3. Server was Hijacked and consultant recommended taking server off line removing drives and replacing them setup windows 2003 server again and put in place
4. HUGE problem - he did NOT set up a BDC and once the PDC was gone we had some serious network issues (understandably)
5. Now we put the 'corrupt' drives in a backup server and brought online with the 'new' server' and nothing else on a switch in an effort to set the new server as a BDC and then DEMOTE corrupt to BDC and promote new to PDC
6. When we fire up the corrupt box it hangs on preparing network connections.
That is all for now but I feel MORE will come