Help me - Help me
I can't seem to get PHP to connect to MySQL through even a simple script. I have a box running xp and a box running win2k and both will not connect. My xp box gets the "undefined function" and nothing happens at all with my win2k box.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. Installed both PHP, MySQL, and a web server
2. I installed PHP with the windows installer, then I also downloaded the zip file for php and unzipped it into the PHP folder.
3. I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver as my development program.
4. I have successfully executed the standard Hello World.php with my web server so I know PHP is working.
5. I deleted the php.ini file on my win2k box in the winnt folder and added to my windows PATH the c:\PHP folder.
6. I went into my php.ini file in my PHP folder and took out the ";" in front of the extension for mysql.
I have a simple database query that connects or dies, then creates a database. I don't get any errors when I execute this file, but when I go into mysql, the database has been created. Help Please.