Loosing connection to printers.
Posted on 2006-06-29
We have a Windows XP Pro pc acting as a Print Server. The print server has attached via a PCI USB 2.0 card
1. A Lexmark T620 (B&W laser printer)
2. A Brother MFC-5840CN (scanner/fax/color printer)
3. Hp scanjet 5590 (scanner) Scanning done using Remote Desktop
(At any i time all 3 pieces of equipment could be used at once).
These provide print facilities for 20 users.
We use Active Directory.
Occasionally, say 3 times a week a random clent PC looses connect & cannot print. This same pc can have the problem maybe 3 times within that week.
To get round the problem I can:-
1. Reboot the print server ( the immediately client reconnects)
2. Reboot the client PC ( this sometimes works generally after a few attempts).
3. Waiting for a while ....( occasionally reconnects).
Is there a maximum number of users that can connect to the print server.
Am I overloading the print server pc?
Anyway its becoming a pain.