Joombla & Mambo vs. Drupal - which is best?
Posted on 2006-06-29
A client is considering installing a CMS (70 page site).
1. Have advised them to go with Joombla or Mambo, but their hosting services is recommending Drupal. I know nothing about Drupal, and only a bit about Mambo & Joombla (developer knows them well). Please advise on the pros and cons of using each of these solutions.
2. Also, if you have a URL or info on the pros and cons of moving from static pages into a CMS, pls share.
So far this is what I've come up with:
- You'll be able to quickly and easily change the content and pictures of page on the site wherever you are in the world, on whichever computer you're using without needing any IT assistance.
- The site will be more scalable - so easy to launch additional pages and sections.
- Any changes to the layout, structure and styles will take a fraction of the current time.
- Lots of open source components for mambo like forums, blogs, newsletters.