Continuous Form -- Hide unbound field unless current record
Posted on 2006-06-29
this question may have been asked but I didn't find an answer that would have allowed me to fix my form problem.
Here's what I have:
- Form which is bound to a query. The form's view = "Continuous".
- The form has currently only 2 fields: [Comment], [ID]; while ID is hidden
- I also have a 3rd control; an unbound textbox
The main purpose of this form is to update records given certain criteria (it's not really important what this update entails). However, what is important are the next few steps.
1. The update is done one record at a time (the currently selected record). This is due to "manual review".
2. If the analyst decides to update the record, he/she clicks a command button (Auto-Correct). Once clicked, the AutoCorrect function (again, not really important to discuss its functionality) kicks in and places the "new comment" (with its modifications) temporarily into the unbound textbox.
3. If the analyst agrees w/ the "new value" of the updated comment (which again, is temporarily held in the unbound textbox), he/she clicks on a 2nd command button and the value of the unbound textbox is then permanently stored in the comment field.
Okay, that's enough background... here's now my actual problem:
Due to using the continous form view, I see e.g. 3 records in the form. Once step #2 (clicking the AutoCorrect function) is executed, I now see the "new value" of e.g. record #1 in as many unbound textboxes as I have records. I didn't expect this, but it makes sense to me (now).
I tried the following:
- set unbound textbox's visible property to "no"
- in Event, set unbound textbox's visible property to "yes" on current record... that doesn't work though
Does anyone know of a "smart process" that allows me to stick w/ the current process (e.g. using the continue form view), but somehow "hide" the unbound textbox, except for the current record?
P.S. I hope this makes sense... if not, I'll be more than happy to post a sample db