I have been working on this bugs for the last 2 days and i am out of gas.
i have a ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name error message when i try to acces an Oracle database
The same piece of code work in VB.NET
Here's more information
1) I do connect with SQL+ or Toad
2) I have 2 oracle client. 9i and 10g. 10g is the Oracle Default.
3) With 10G, no more need of tnsnames.ora, (i'll post my sqlnet.ora later)
4) IWAM,IUSR,ASP.NET all have full control on the OraDEV10g folder
5) IWAM,IUSR,ASP.NET all have full control on bin folder & sqlnet.ora file
6) TNS_ADMIN is set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ and point to C:\OraDEV10g\network\admin
7) ORACLE_HOME is set in the environnement variable (value is C:\OraDEV10g)
8) I have AllFusion Harvest as source control
9) i have <authorization><deny users="?"/></authorization> in my web.config
i am a desesperate man rigth now. believe it.
here is my SQLNET.ORA Configuration file
NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH = (ONAMES,tnsnames)
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oranamesrvr1)(PORT = 1575))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oranamesrvr0)(PORT = 1575))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = oranamesrvr2)(PORT = 1575))
LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = C:\orant\Network\Log
TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = C:\orant\Network\trace
TRACE_UNIQUE_CLIENT = on
TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = off