I have a laptop that can access the internet through a wireless router at work just fine, however when this is tried at home I cannot access the internet or ping the router (a wired connection is ok).
1. There is no spyware on this laptop.
2. Two other laptops can access the wireless router just fine so I don't think anything is wrong with the router, although one of them has trouble being assigned an IP address from the DHCP server.
3. The router populates the available network list and shows connected status.
4. The problem laptop is a Windows XP Intel Centrino.
5. i disabled Encryption and MAC filtering but still no success.
6. I have tried both static and dynamic IP, even made the home network the same address range as the work network with router at 192.168.0.1.
7. Trend Micro is configured for network access on this address range. (although I have not tried disabling firewall)
I tried all sorts of things the other day and mangaed to get a connection. Everything was fine until the computer was taken to work and then brought home again, upon which the connection was lost. I am not sure if the failure of DHCP on the router is an indication of problems or if these things happen.