I have a GroupWise server that is receiving mail properly but attempts to send produce the following error in the GWIA log (addressee is a mailbox at TTPSpecialProjects.com):
DMN: MSG 1721 Send Failure: 450 Host down (TTPSpecialProjects.com)
- I have verified the BdrMgr filter exceptions against the Novell TID10013822
- I can initiate a telnet session from outside into Post 25
- I can initiate a telnet session from the GW server to port 25 on an outside server.
- I can use a domain name for the outgoing telnet session so the dns appears to be resolving.
- Contents of route.cfg: myorg.com [192.168.10.91]
(where "myorg" is the org's domain and the IP is the GW server internal IP)
- Contents of resolve.cfg:
System is NW6/GW6.5. GW, BdrMgr, DNS/DHCP all run on one file server.
I am looking for ideas on the possible cause and tests I can run to rule out possible causes.