Ghost Partition Size & Windows 98 SE
Posted on 2006-07-05
I have a bit of strange thing going on, and I wonder if any of you have any input to my problem, or why they are occuring. We are using a version of Ghost (that came with the Motherboards), DOS based, and this is what I am doing:
1) I created a W98SE boot disk, and put format & fdisk from the W98 PC on the floppy then I added the ghost utilitiy (I think it is from 2002 version of Norton Ghost)
2) I boot the system with one 160 hard drive & the floppy from above
3) I used the floppy fdisk & format to create a 160 partition
4) I move to the target PC connect the 160 drive as slave, and boot off the floopy from above
5) system boots fine and sees both drives (source 80gig master system - target 160 slave from above)
6) I begin the ghost process, and at about 4gig - I am getting prompted for a new volumn?
It is acting like there is only 4 gig of space avaialble (or possibly that there is a 4 gig file size limitation to ghost - just thought of that one as I was writing this question) on the 160gig drive. However when I am in ghost is displays the full size of the partion as 160gig when I select it from the menu system.
Just got me a little perplexed. Any info or support is greatly appreciated. This is not really a "question per-say so I will award the points to whomever provides the most sound reasoning, or information that can be proven.