We have an exchange 2000 server which reached the 16GB limit and unmounted.
Ok so I ran an offline defrag and it shrunk it to 15.7GB.
So I double checked in System Manager \mailboxes and looked at the sizes & totaled them up.
And it only came to about 2-3GB of mailboxes.
So I unticked the 'retain deleted mailboxes until full backup..' and changed the mailbox & deleted item retention to 0.
I then ran the Mailbox Management Process & Cleanup Agent
Then reran the eseutil /d & I also ran "Isinteg -fix -test alltests"
Still no change.
So why is the .edb & .stm total 15.7GB when there is only 2-3GB of mailboxes.