Linux, VMWare ans 2003 Server
Posted on 2006-07-07
Looking to build a Linux Ubuntu 6.6 box, want to create a couple 2003 Virtual Servers on it with VMWare, so my questions are, but not limited to:
1) Who and what is my box going to look like: CPU, RAM, DVD, # HDD Types, RAID, Service etc...
2) Is there a limit of how many 2003 Virtual servers can I have?
3) Does VMware use real disk partition as opposed to a file, and how, especially for creating partitions?
4) How will the Virtual 2003 need or use RAM?
5) How does the 2003 work in WM?
6) Does VM work well; with this distro and 2003 server?
7) Is it feasible for under $4k?