I am new to SQL and experiencing a couple of challenges in formatting SQL queries.
1.) I execute a MS SQL SELECT query from Enterprise manager and send out put to an excel spreadsheet and get unformated presentation in EXCEL, not correct format. The SQL command runs successfully but the output is not formated as desired.
2.) I execute an INSERT statement inot a employee table record called job description and recieve the following errors:
.insert into job_title
(EEO_Classification, Job_title, Job_description, Exempt_status)
values ('Office/Clerical', 'Accounting Clerk', 'Computes, classifies records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records.', 'NE');
Results: Server: Msg 8152, Level 16, State 9, Line 1
String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.
Is there some special formating required? Also, this description should include the following:
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining
1. Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks,
substantiating business transactions.
2. Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received
and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets
3. Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and
approves for payment.
4. Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods,
freight charges, rentals and similar items.
5. Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and
other records and reviews for accuracy.
6. Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
7. Reconciles bank statements.
8. Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up
9. Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions
related to accounts, procedures, and services.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The accounting clerk must have excellent math and accounting skills, in addition
to the ability to use Quick Books software for maintaining records.
Does this amount of data require some special customization also?