Working in a small business 2003 evironment. A couple of times a week, we have the problem that recipients only receive the subject of the email that's being send. Sometimes, but not always, the receiver sees the following message in the body of the email:
<<< No Message Collected >>>
I just activated logging on the SMTP protocol. But since it only happens couple of times a week, it could take a while.
Don't know if it could be of influence, but i did notice the following, in the properties of my 'default SMTP virtual server', under 'delivery' and then 'advanced' is the setting to check the DNS of your fully-qualified domain name. If I check that setting, I receive an error 'The domain name is not valid'.
Furthermore, we are running Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange, but I believe that only checks incoming mail, not outgoing.
Also, we are forwarding our SMTP mail to the mailserver of our ISP.