Not sure if this is an ACCESS question or a programming question but I'll start here...
I have a MS Access database, db.mdb, that is accessed by a C++/MFC program using the CDaoDatabase class as such:
CDaoDatabase *pDatabase = new CDaoDatabase();
It's worked fine for months, perhaps years. But today it's started reporting a dialog that says:
"Unable to initialize DAO/Jet db engine"
when the line:
is executed. Not sure what's going on or what has changed but I'm baffled. As far as I can tell, Access itself runs normally on this database. So I suspect it's some issue with DAO but I'm not sure how to fix it.
This is running on XP SP2 and I tried to install the MDAC 2.8 SP1 but get an error that says:
"This setup does not support installing on this operating system"
Ok, I think that because XP SP2 INCLUDES MDAC 2.8 and will not install again. I did try installing MDAC 2.7 but that didn't seem to make any difference.