Create new Virtual server + Make it the primary
Posted on 2006-07-11
I have a very urgent and I think complex dilemma, This is my first time setting up a mail server to host to FQDN mail servers.
I would have preferred to have anew hardware and install exchange server on it, but have been told no and must make the current hardware host both FQDN’s.
One Exchange Server 2000 Enterprise server
Current FQDN: acme.com.au – Mail server previously running
New FQDN: emac.com.au – Requires new virtual mail server
I have created a new Virtual mail server for emac.com.au and I can receive mail from the world on it.
What I would like to achieve is to have the new FQDN emac.com.au be the primary server used for sending and receiving of mail for users.
1. Can I have a separate mail store for the new emac.com.au domain name?
2. Can I have a separate Administrative group for the new emac.com.au domain name?
3. How can I configure the new virtual mail server to be the default mail server that clients send and receive from? Do I need to reconfigure their outlook clients?
4. I have added users new address’s to their email address’s tab under the name on the exchange server, If I set this to the Primary does that mean the world will see them as emac.com.au as opposed to acme.com.au as they are now seen?
5. Is there an easier way to achieve all of the above?