Toshiba Satellite A30 Notebook Hard Drive
Posted on 2006-07-12
Hi, I have to replace my notebooks hard drive, it's a Toshiba Satellite A30.
Here are the specs of the oroginal hard drive:
Model: HTS428080F9AT00, HTS428060F9AT00,
Interface: ATA-5 (Ultra DMA mode-5)
I found many hard drives on eBay that have better performance.
My questions are the following:
1) What maks should I avoid ?
2) is ATA-100 the same thing as ATA-5 ??? (I'm confused)
3) Can I put a SATA or ATA-6 instread ?
4) Is the number of pins on the hard drives the same with SATA, ATA-6 and ATA-5 ?
5) Is the difference between SATA, ATA-6 and ATA-5 only the speed, and all the rest (including the number of pins) the same?