I'm trying to Restore our 2003 Active Directory live environment onto a Test server in a closed off network environment but am struggling with the restore. Here are the steps i've tried so far.
1. Backup Live DC's System State using NTBackup
2. Installed fresh copy of Windows2003 onto test server (Not the same spec as the live DC)
3. Service packed test server to same level as Live DC
4. Restored System State from Live DC onto test server
The system then reboots, shows the startup screen & then loops around rebooting both in Normal & Safe mode.
5. Have tried booting from the 2003 install CD & repairing the installation.
This results in, instead of rebooting in a loop it freezes on the startup screen.
Does any one know if what we're trying to do is possible with different hardware?