everything was working fine for months until I updated GFI mail essentials to the latest build. All of a sudden the users started receiving spam which they never really did before.
I rebooted the Exchange box (2003) and then it all went wrong.
I had hundreds of emails stuck in the queue "emails awaiting submission", so I did a iisreset and they went but now I get the message that the Default SMTP Virtual Server is not available.
The iisreset returned:
Internet services successfully stopped
Restart attempt failed.
IIS Admin Service is disabled
I also have lots of Internet mail SMTP Connector (EXCHANGE) messages.
thank you for your help.