Here is the schema:
1. Coldfusion web server in DMZ.
2. SQL Server 2000 with local X:/ drive in LAN. And files such as PDF and MP3 are stored on X:/ drive.
The scenario is that when user sends request and Coldfusion web server needs to display PDF or MP3 to user. Therefore, I need to:
1. By user's request, a stored procedure on SQL Server gets corresponding PDF or MP3 from X:/ driver to a temporary table.
2. The stored procedure returns PDF or MP3 as BOLB IMAGE from the temporary table to ColdFusion server.
3. ColdFusion web server displays PDF or MP3.
My question is that is my idea doable? Any comments are welcome!