'DropDownList1' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Posted on 2006-07-14
I have researched this problem, and the answers I seem to be getting have more to do with a more complex solution. This cant be that hard...
- I have a gridview bound to a SQL table
- I converted a column in the gridview to a template
- I edited the template and added a dropdown to the "edit item view"
- I bound the dropdown to a new datasource object that does nothing more than return all the ID and a NAME fields. (no fancy SQL here)
- I chose databinding and selected "selected value" from the left "bindable properties" box
- I chose the field I was binding to from the "bind to" drop down box on the right side
- two way databinding is selected
when i run it i get this error..
'DropDownList1' has a Selected Value which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items.
Parameter name: value
Several solutions i have seen have you editing the "on-change" event and writing code to do what should be a very simple operation. Other solutions i have seen do a complete walkthrough on this and say that it works perfectly, while others that have followed these walkthroughs (myself included) say that they are getting this same error. There must be some setting or something that some people have set that they are not thinking about that allows this to work for some people and not for others.
Any Ideas, please?